Tuesday, February 6, 2007

What have I done!?

I have created a comic genius! I wish I could have laughed harder, but the joke was more or less at my expense.

Here's the situation-- Zoë was very tired and very sick last night, so I was already in a humor lull, and apparently not expecting much fun and games, and it was time for her nightly sippy-cup of milk.

I had already successfully made Kari-Lyn's milk, which I warmed up at my usual time and temperature in the microwave. Kari had no complaints. Zoë's milk was prepared exactly the same way, but she insisted it was too cold.

After a brief conversation Ciria said I should warm Zoë's milk up for what turned out to be too much time, because Zoë complained instantly that it was too hot.

Now picture Ciria cradling Zoë in a blanket while Zoë is calmly playing the human thermometer with her milk, and she's sick, right, so I'm now working on dumping out just the right amount of hot milk and replacing it with cold milk. I figured I have many years of experience with this type of activity, since I'm anal to the n'th degree, and thought I had the correct mixture.

So I hand Zoë her sippy, and she takes a swig, and in the same dead-pan way as the other critiques states, "...it's too cold," and starts to hand it back to me in exactly the same way as before, and I'm thinking to myself how can that be possible? Then, she gets this look. It's the look of I gotcha; and she smiles and giggles a bit, and I'm still processing the fact that her milk is at the perfect temperature, and she's just told me it wasn't. Hey! That's hilarious! I wasn't expecting her to josh me like that. I laughed and laughed.

Anyway, if you didn't get it, I guess you had to be there.

powered by performancing firefox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home