Friday, April 18, 2008

Mit Romney

I looked on in disgust as Mit Romney picked up the reigns of the 2002 Winter Games and apparently made them a successful endeavor; though, no one talks about the facilities that are still not paid for. I was not miffed at Mit's pretty boy image necessarily; he simply oozed of charisma. Small wonder desperate SLOC minions fell in line. No, what really chaffed my hide was that the State of Utah actually took care of a lot of the behind the scenes work that if not done would have done more to kill the Olympics than any "Bribery Scandel". Gesh, is it really wrong if everyone is doing it? A little fudge here and there with tax appropriations isn't wrong if no one knows what's really going on. Ooo, look! A monkey with an inner tube!

So, I was equally skeptical of Mit's run for the White House. I didn't support him because of his charm, or his religion, or his excessive use of hair products, he just wasn't a bigoted former Southern Baptist Minister, snake oil vending, over-confident X fat guy; nor was he in the "Committed, well, to a point," group; nor was he from Arizona. I'm still trying to stomach McCain, but am liking Obama less with each passing minute. But then the novelty wore off, and it became apparent that this guy, Mit Romney, simply belonged in the White House. Too bad, so sad. We will wait to see if the White Horse ever rides again.

Nevertheless, in a light hearted speech recently given by Romney, he laid out the ten reasons he packed it all in for the sake of the Party. The link is here. My favorite reason is number 5. "I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel Prize."

Cracked me up...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home