Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Motion Picture Madness

There was a time when all I did was watch movies, and Fox News, but movies were my true escape from reality. Some would argue Fox News is an escape from reality in and of itself, but perception is so very difficult to quantify I won't even engage the subject here.

So, on the topic of movies, then--I've seen very few movies, actually. Coming to grips with this realization makes thinking of a movie I could safely watch until the eyes fell out of my head, simple. Spaceballs.

That's right, Spaceballs. It has everything I need in an hour, forty minute package. It has every type of humor known to man, from satire to shtick to potty to physical to parody, and it's a love story... No! It's a Sci-fi love story.

It has gun play, and sword fights, and a pretty princess acting both dainty, stuck-up and butch all in the same scene, for crying out loud! The Princess Bride, my second choice, simply pales in comparison.

It has Mel Brooks, Rick Moranis, Bill Pullman, Daphne Zuniga, John Candy, Joan Rivers, Dick Van Patten & John Hurt. John Hurt played the guy in Alien who spawned the Alien. He returned to Spaceballs to do it again! Aauuww! You can't escape the surprises in this movie.

One more insight into Spaceballs. If you've seen Blazing Saddles, my third choice, you will remember the big brawl at the end of the movie where they move off set and run right into Dom DeLuise directing his "gay" song and dance production. That's Dom's minute, thirty in Blazing Saddles. Well, in Spaceballs, Dom's minute, thirty is as the voice of Pizza the Hut, the mob boss/kingpin, and Star Wars' Jabba the Hutt parody, who later in the movie gets trapped in his car and ends up eating himself to death. Oh, if only I was made of pizza, would I not share the same fate one day? But, Dom DeLuise! Who doesn't love Dom DeLuise?!

Spaceballs, all the way... 100%.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ciria said...

one track mind- pizza! too funny

June 18, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home