Monday, June 23, 2008

Summertime...? Without--video games?!

"In my day, we didn't have video-games! We just sat around and watched a potata' bake!"

Elder Borge was Elder Weyland's greenie in Falkirk, Scotland when I first heard someone mimic Dana Carvey's Grumpy Old Man. I thank Elder Borge for bringing me one of the bright spots of my mission. I may have a picture around here some where of the skit us missionaries did for the Falkirk branch. Hmm, let me check.

But you know, I'll continue with my thought while I'm looking, that was the way it was, when I was a kid. We had to think up silly things to do to occupy our time. Some were harmless, some were potentially life threatening, either for ourselves or for others. Fortunately, only the bugs really suffered anything fatal. And, we had a blast!














Knighton, Borge, Weyland, Allen

This is an awesome picture. We are performing our Grumpy Old High Priests routine at the Falkirk Branch Talent Night. Elder Allen kept falling a sleep while giving his own lesson, while the three of us would argue about who's lived the longest, and who's life had been the toughest. Allen would wake up and interrupt us intermittently. Everyone thought it was a hoot. Really, it was more like Monty Python than Dana Carvey, but Dana was the one who spurred us on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home